August 9, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. August 9th}

fiveforfriday2

Today was my first day with my new batch of first graders.. and as you can imagine. I am TIRED! More than tired.. just worn out. I really, really wished for a nap this afternoon but it’s just not going to happen today. I will wish a little harder for Sunday afternoon!
 
Feel free to link up your Five for Friday post below. All you have to do is blog about five random things from today or this week and link up your blog post below. Grab the button above and link it back to this blog post! I would love for you to join in! {You do not have to email me to ask to join! Everyone is welcome!}
 

 
Here are my “Five for Friday”….
 
1. Back To School Treats:
 
001
 
I whipped up these little treats for my kids that came to “Meet the Teachers/Open House”. You can download the cards HERE.
 
018
 

2. First Day Shirt
 
008
 
I wore my new I ♥ my first graders shirt today! I love it.. you can order one {or different designs} from HERE.
 

 
3. Good Mail
 
033
 
A great friend is someone who sends you a “Back to School” Care Package for no reason. Especially when this friend is not a teacher and has NO idea how stressful back to school time really can be. She had NO idea just much it meant to open a package full of school goodies.. especially with a cool book called “Doodle Bugs”. Thank you Susan!!
 

 
4. Handwriting Practice Books
 
032
 
I have been working on a new handwriting practice book.. and I really hope to have it finished and listed in my TpT store over the weekend. It just keeps getting pushed back due to me going back to school.. I put together my handwriting books late Wednesday night. The binding machine I have is THIS ONE. {Yes, it is pink!}

5. Teacher Week ‘13:

teacherweek2
I want to invite you to join up with me and the other girls at Blog Hoppin for Teacher Week ‘13. Here is the schedule for next week. Each day will be a linky party.. so start planning your blog posts to join us.
 
teacherweek
 
Hope King and I will be teaming up to bring you Monday’s post. I hope you will join us!
 


Hope you have had a great week.. and enjoy your weekend! Link up your Five for Friday post below!

 

22 comments:

  1. LOVE your Pop Rocks idea! I'm gonna have to get those cards! Can't wait for the teacher week linky party! Sounds like fun! :)

    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your back to school gift idea! Your t-shirt is so cute!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the teacher week ideas. I better work hard on Monday & Tuesday to get my classroom completely set up! :)

    All the Dots

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was a kid and the teacher gave me Pop Rocks...I might die from happiness!
    I'm looking forward to the up-coming link ups.

    (and yes, I did just delete my comment because my cat hit my hand and I hit the wrong buttons).

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, first day on a Friday? At least you have the weekend to relax! I'm super excited about Teacher Week next week, I can't wait to join the fun! Thanks for hosting!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am working on Back to School gifts this weekend. I might have to use your Pop Rocks idea! Thank you for this wonderful linky!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe ya'll have a first day on a Friday! Cute B2S idea!
    Ashley
    The Blessed OCDiva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the back to school "rockin" gift tag! Just what I was looking for!

    Kristi
    neillkk@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for Pop Rocks everywhere! Where did you find them? Cute idea.


    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pop rocks idea for a back to school gift! I'm always looking for an inexpensive little something-something to get my new students :)

    Thanks for sharing your week! I can't wait for Teacher Week! I'm already planning out my entries so I can link up!!

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow Me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh. First off, thanks for posting the pop rocks idea, I'm definitely using that one for B2S night! And if Tuesday is classroom tour, I'd better get working!!

    Andrew
    Mr. First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the T-shirt.

    Terri
    thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! That student treat for the first day of school is AWESOME! I may need to do this :) Thanks for the awesome linky! It's my first time linking up and now I know why everyone gets so excited! :)
    ~Lindsay
    Just Keep Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those student treats are so cute! I'm definitely going to look for PopRocks! :)
    First time linking up with you and visiting your blog! I can't wait to hear more! :D

    Lindsey
    Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome!! Love the topics for the linky parties! I will definitely try to join up next week, as today's just didn't happen. :)

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww! Your first day treat is so cute! We are not allowed to give out food or teach with food. :( Bummer. But I think it's adorable. Best of luck with your new year!

    Lindsey at Forever First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those bts treats! I really want that first grade tee! I should have gotten it when they had free shipping! Darn!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your pop rocks idea and card. My kiddos will love it=) And, may I say, your T-Shirt ROCKS.
    ~lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the Pop Rocks freebie! I plan on using this to welcome back the littles! Thanks!

    Adelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kacey! Just read your 'meet the teacher' post and couldn't believe how many ways we are alike!

    This year I am headed to my former grade school to teach 2nd grade! I'm so excited to be going home! It is a really small school too, but somehow I'm up to 23 students this year. Crazy because most classes are less than 20. Graduating senior class last year was 11!

    Total morning person also...and yes, will sneak an afternoon nap in if possible.

    And cold pizza...Yum! :-)

    Crystal

    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  22. So bummed I got closed out of the linky. I'll have to be faster next Friday!
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle

    ReplyDelete